I woke up this morning and was immediately inspired by a YouTube clip profiling many of the motivational things that Joe Rogan has said on his podcast. You can watch the clip here.
This took me down a path of thinking and really got me thinking about the deeper meaning of what we are trying to do by searching for this elusive, rural and agricultural lifestyle. So, today I went down the philosophical path (as much as I am capable of doing that).
Here are my notes from this morning:
- Thoreau - Walden
- Hunting camp - save up vacation time to go live like native Americans did for a one week period
- Clip from Joe Rogan (put link in post)
- Easier to take chances when you are young
- Harder when you are older with more responsibility.
- Story about not being able to leave his job because of lifestyle
- My story about taking one risk and having one shot because of my age and responsibility.
- Do the math on investing early (use the investment calculator)
- Joe Rogan quote about planting the seed of an idea and nurturing it until it turns into something.
- The rut of traffic, followed by a soul sucking job followed by traffic followed by escaping into the television. Followed by overbuying to self medicate and being pushed harder into the rut.
- One of my favorite streams of revenue is selling eggs and I literally make no money.
Direct download: OFI_1164_Tuesday_Episode_-_83021_12.46_PM.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am MST